The transscript format in the import tool is a convenient way to quickly break a transscription or a translation into titles. The transscription file is expected to be a simple continuous textfile, with one convention: Changes of the speakers are separated by double returns.
The text is broken into the subtitles using the following rules:
- Each speaker begins a new subtitle.
- The subtitle is filled up two lines with entire words. The number of character depends on the currently defined style template and the medium length character "n".
- Avoided are, whenever possible:
- Titles with only one or two words.
- Only one or two words at the end of a title after a punctuation
The titles are all one liners, to be broken with smart wrap.
Note: This is a first fast automatic approach. Manual editing by a craftsperson is certainly needed.